Pink is more than a colour
Welcome to Pink October, a whole month dedicated to raising awareness about breast cancer. This is a time to unite as a community and show our compassion and support.
Coming together for a good cause
This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive. - Alice Waters
For those affected by breast cancer, the feeling of belonging to a community can be everything. It means you can offer something special to those around you: inspiration, compassion, and resources.
How to show your support
Here are some tips to help you do it :
- Listen with compassion – Let them know you’re there, ask questions about their experience, and avoid judgment.
- Look out for them – Not everyone admits when they’re having a bad day. Look for early signs of struggle and offer your support. Small actions make a big difference.
- Be consistent – If you show up regularly, they’ll know you’re there for them through the ups and downs.
Pink October activities
Encourage community meet-ups with these Pink October activity ideas:
- Organize a walk/run - A 5 km walk/run is a great way to enjoy some fresh air and encourage people to participate in a low-intensity activity for a good cause.
- Collect bottles as a team – This lets your team support multiple causes at once. You can also recycle all the bottles your team cleaned up.
- Pink Yoga – Find a local instructor to volunteer their time to an hour of pink yoga. This is a great outdoor activity for the mind and body.
Support from the Tupperware community
Joining the Tupperware community is a great opportunity to be part of a supportive and inspiring network of people. Whether you need encouragement and support, or you are able to offer something special to those around you, there is always a place for you at Tupperware.
If you or someone you know needs a little extra motivation, we have an article on how to find the silver lining in life that just might brighten up your day.