Lighten up your summer lunches!
Gather the kids around the mixing bowl for the most frightful time of the year! Together, you’ll make some seriously spooky cakes for Halloween. Trick or treats for you or your little neighborhood trick-or-treaters. Keep little hands occupied and entertained as you mix creativity with tasty ingredients. Come for baking, but stay for the boos—the good kind!
Ultra Scary, Ultra Tasty
Tantalize taste buds by our heavenly Vanilla Cupcakes. And give them an added eight-legged Halloween spin to make them season-appropriate! Simply measure out the base ingredients, mix, pour into your SBF TupCake mold, and then into the oven, decorating with a spider’s web thanks to the addition of some chocolate icing. Here’s how:
- Spoon the vanilla icing onto the cupcakes, leaving a small border around the edge.
- For the chocolate icing, place 50 g chocolate and 4 tsp butter into the MicroCook, cover, and microwave for 1 min. 30 sec. at 360 watts. If the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave again for 30 sec. Add the icing sugar and stir using the Silicone Spatula, until it is a clumpy mixture. Add the water and continue to stir until the mixture becomes smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a Decorating Bag with a fine nozzle.
- Pipe 3 circles onto each cupcake. Use a toothpick to draw it from the center of the cupcake to the edge, creating a cobweb effect.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to allow the icing to harden.
- You’ve spun your web – now to devour!
Pro Tip: If you’re attending a Halloween haunt and are not the one doing the hosting, transfer any bakes you’re planning on making into the Cake Taker to easily transport cakes to your spookfest of choice. Not to mention, you’ll then have it handy for post-Halloween when you find yourself starting to think all about Christmas-themed bakes and cakes!
A very berry Halloween
No web is complete without a spooky spider, right? Create your creepy crawlies using raspberries, blueberries and blackberries(2) to give the top of your bakes some legs – literally! You could even work some marzipan into a spider to include a few eight-legged friends.
Pro Tip: Planning a full-on party? If you dare to indulge in more scary snacks, add these Mummy Bananas and Mini Spider Pizzas to the horror-filled spread.
Tearing is Sharing
Will your home be invaded by lots of little horrors on Halloween night? Feed the masses and supersize your cupcake game by creating the illusion of one monster edition, where all your cupcakes can come together to create a single giant Halloween scene. In reality, guests will have fun shattering the illusion by selecting a cupcake to pull apart from the group, so everyone present can grab and tear to have their own individual cake. Here’s exactly how to create a Halloween-themed pull-apart masterpiece:
Ingredients (for cupcake topping)
- 125 g soft butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp milk
- 300 g powdered sugar
- Orange food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Black food coloring
- Create 18-20 cupcakes using your SBF Tupcakes. Push all the cupcakes together to form a pumpkin shape.
- Add the butter, vanilla extract and milk to the Extra Chef (with blender attachment). Mix and add the powdered sugar. Mix again until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Divide the buttercream into three separate containers and add the orange, green and black food coloring to create different colored mixtures.
- Use the Decorating Bag to pipe out the orange buttercream on top of all the cupcakes.
- Smooth over using the Silicone Spatula until all cupcakes are completely covered.
- Place a single cupcake at the top of the pumpkin shape and cover with green buttercream for the stalk.
- Give your pumpkin a spooky face. Use the black buttercream to ‘carve’ out a suitable grimace.
- Dive in! Pull apart and enjoy.
Pro Tip: It doesn’t just have to be pumpkins, your pull-apart creations can come in all shapes and sizes. Need more inspo? On a big cake, turn the spider web idea into a giant one. Or add some more faces alongside your pumpkin and make up a vicious vampire or a freaky Frankenstein!
You may not be able to dish out spooky bakes every month, so if you’re still looking to continue the family cupcake making fun after you’ve recovered from fright night, try our yummy Carrot Cupcakes for mini bakes that you can serve at any time of the year. And what’s even more terrifying than Halloween itself - an unorganized kitchen, of course! Avoid any further kitchen nightmares and try our Pantry Organisation solutions with the fabulous Space Saver range.
5 Tips for prepping light lunches
Master the art of light summer lunches with these easy tips.
- Use seasonal produce. Buy produce locally. and avoid imported produce that comes with a high carbon footprint
- Maintain proper portion sizes to prevent food waste, manage calorie intake, and avoid that stuffed feeling.
- Cut back on prep time by using the MicroGourmet Steamer and Microwave Rice Maker. This will also reduce your energy usage in the kitchen #NoTimeToWaste.
- Store fresh summer produce properly now and enjoy all winter long. Start stocking up on Freezer Mates now!
- Share more meals with friends – summer memories last a lifetime, especially when they combine great friends and delicious food.
In search of the perfect dessert to complement your light lunches? We’ve got Ice Cream Sandwiches just waiting for you to indulge in. Dreamy!