No bread to waste
Bread is loved around the world. Yet, it makes up a large percentage of the 88 million tons of food waste generated annually*. Great news: it’s easy to make the world a healthier, greener place, and you can start right now, with a simple loaf of bread.
A brighter future for bread
Reducing bread waste is a great way to make a difference. Less waste going in a landfill, less money spent at the grocery store and more delicious bread—what’s better than that?
Eco Tip: Buy bread and grains from local merchants and you’ll also be giving back to your community.
Leftover bread recipes
Put your UltraPro 2.0 l Casserole, Mixing Bowl, and Silicone Baking Sheet to the test with 5 of our best-loved leftover bread recipes. Simply click on your favorite suggestion for the full recipe:
- Bread Salad - Also known as Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad), this is a fast and delicious way to give your leftover bread a classic Italian makeover.
- Bread and Butter Pudding - Give your sweet tooth something to salivate over with this sweet pudding recipe, made even better with your lovely leftover bread.
- Bruschetta casserole - When you’re in the mood for bruschetta but need something more substantial for dinner, this is the ultimate leftover-friendly recipe for you.
- Bread Chips - These homemade leftover bread chips are a divine snack that pair well with salsas, guacamole, dips, and spicy sauces.
- Baby Marrow Garlic Bites - Turn your leftover bread into breadcrumbs to make these little cheesy and crunchy balls of deliciousness.
Keep your bread fresh and fabulous
Freezing bread is the best way to preserve the crisp crust and soft interior, a job made easy with your trusted Freezer Mates. For the fab portion and slices of bread that you plan to eat sooner, keep them in your Bread Server. For larger families or catering for bigger events, use the spacious Bakers Delight.
Pro Tip: Pop stale bread in the microwave or conventional oven on a low heat for 1 minute.
You can also save unspoiled bread and other foods from landfill by donating it to local initiatives in need of extra resources or support, find out where you can help your local community today. For more info on reducing your carbon footprint and grocery food miles, check out our cold seasonal produce guide today.
Website: ec.europa.eu Link: https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/food_waste_en Last accessed: 02/12/2019