Ts & Cs Apply*
April 04, 2022
Hop into traditional baking with a sustainable twist
- Add in the That's a Bowl 1.4L the active dry yeast, 10 g baker’s flour, 5 g sugar and 125 ml warm water (37-43ºC). Stir with the Silicone Spatula the ingredients well and then leave in a warm place for 10 min, or until mixture has become frothy.
- Sift in the That's a Bowl 10L the remaining flour and spices and stir to combine. Add sugar and oil and mix using your fingers to rub the mixture together until it forms a breadcrumblike consistency. Add raisins or chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, stir in proofed yeast and remaining 125 ml water. Combine to make a dough. Add additional water if needed, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured Pastry Sheet and knead for 5 min., adding more flour as needed. Place dough into a clean, lightly oiled That's a Bowl 10L and cover. Leave in a warm spot for 30 min., or until dough has doubled in size.
- Turn proofed dough onto the lightly floured Pastry Sheet and gently knead. Divide into 12 equal balls. Knead 8 balls into a round bun and place in the Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim. Cut by half the leftover 4 balls. Roll each piece into a cylinder and cut in half to form ears. Attach to the balls, sticking them with water. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise in a warm spot for 20-30’ or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC without convection then place the Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on a cold oven rack or metal baking sheet and set aside.
- Bake easter bunny-buns for 8-10’ min., or until golden.
- Remove from oven with the silicone oven glove, baste with apricot jam and allow to cool.
If baking makes you as happy as a hopping bunny – then welcome to the club! The Zero-Waste Tupperware® Club comes with a new recipe that is not only delicious but zero-waste, traditional and vegan friendly. Get ready to get your hands in the dough with these Easter Bunny-Buns
Proofing your dough is like doing a magic tick: It raises and doubles its size thanks to only yeast, water and natural chemical reactions! To make sure that we let the magic do its work, we must leave the dough in a bowl that is, at least twice the size of the dough, cover it with a clean cloth and leave to rest in a warm environment.
Let’s get decor a ting our Easter Bunny-Buns
If you have resisted the urge to take a bite of your eco-licious bunnies, we would like to say: Congratulations – You have strong willpower and have made it to the most fun part of the recipe!
To decorate our bunnies, we will mix the following ingredients to make an icing: 150 g confectioner's sugar, ½ tsp. vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of plant-based milk of your choice. Add a few drops of coloring if necessary and fill up your Deco bag with this mix. Playing with the different kinds of nozzles and making different shapes will be a fun baking experience for the whole family!
And our Easter Bunny-Buns are ready to be served for your Easter celebrations! Now you can also take them anywhere with the Collapsible Cake Taker that will keep them delicious and as fresh as like a spring flower!
Make your home flourish this Spring with more Eco-licious Easter tips and have the best time with your family while playing traditional games and decorating your home sustainably!
- 14 g active dry yeast
- 385 g white baker’s flour
- 45 g sugar
- 250 ml water warm (approx. 37-43ºC)
- 1/2 tbsp mixed ground spice
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 50 ml oil
- 120 g chocolate chips or raisins
- 60 g apricot jam