Prep the perfect Christmas meal in 4 steps
Christmas is the holiday everyone looks forward to all year long. Serve the ultimate holiday spread using these four easy prep-ahead tips.
1. Choose your menu
Nothing enhances a great Christmas dinner party like a delicious Christmas feast. If you’re looking for inspo for the ultimate festive menu, give our recipe page a browse for all the best starters, mains, desserts, and everything in-between ;)
Pro Tip: Try to buy all non-perishable food items and drinks in advance to avoid crowded shops just before Christmas. Stick to a grocery list and you’ll never forget what you need while cutting back on unneeded items that will go to waste.
2. Get organized
Now is the perfect time to tidy up the fridge to make space for your Christmas goodies. Start by wiping the fridge down with your Microfiber Kitchen Towel. Then organize your food items into Tupperware containers - place the fresh produce in the VentSmart, cooked or raw meat in the Fridge Stackables or Freezer Mates.
Pro Tip: Place half a lemon on the shelf to eliminate any odors in the fridge.
3. Have the right kitchen tools
Make Christmas meal prep a breeze with this Christmas toolkit:
- Silicone Baking Sheet – The eco-friendly baking sheet you use without parchment paper or cooking sprays
- Chopping board and set of sharp knives – For all your slicing, dicing, and chopping needs.
- Freezer Mates – If it isn’t going into your Square Rounds and into the fridge, it should be going into the freezer for delish Christmas leftovers.
- Adjustable Rolling Pin – This one is a must-have, especially if you want to bake Santa the perfect cookies ;)
4. Prep ahead of time
Enlist help from friends and family – many hands make light work, and there are plenty of fun memories to be made in the kitchen. Your to-do list should include the tasks that need to be done ahead of time, like chopping up fresh produce, making and freezing basic sauce recipes, and marinating the meat.
Pro Tip: Looking for a more sustainable way to grill, roast, and bake? The Ultra Pro can do it all, while cutting down your time spent in the kitchen
Embrace the joy of the season
Once the prep is done, let your hair down and take full advantage of this festive time with family and friends. Here are a few Christmas game ideas to help everyone get into the holiday spirit:
- Ornament Guess - Have guests guess the total number of ornaments on the tree as they arrive. The closest guess wins.
- Holiday ABC’s - Give each team a piece of paper and tell them to write the alphabet vertically from A to Z. When you say, “Go!” they are to write a holiday word that starts with each letter. The first ones to complete the list wins.
- Christmas Memory Game - Put Christmas items on a tray and give people 1 minute to memorize the items. Take the tray away and have them write as many down as they can remember in 30 seconds.
Now that prep is sorted for your scrumptious Christmas meal, check out these edible and sustainable Christmas gift and decoration ideas that your guests will love!