The Ultimate Holiday Packing List!
Getting ready to visit a self-catering holiday home? Check out our ultimate packing list and your much-needed mid-year holiday with family and friends will be picture perfect....
Easy to Forget Items
- Package details – contact your self-catering holiday home in advance and find out what essentials they have - kitchen items, food, linen, towels, and all the other small details - that will make your place feel more like home!
- Travel or health insurance – if you’re heading out of the country, remember to make sure you have the necessary travel or health insurance. Check with your doctor to see if you’ll need any special vaccinations.
Holiday Nibbles & Must-Haves
- Snacks - sometimes it's hard to know when your next big meal will be while on holiday, so stock up on snacks like mixed nuts, hummus and cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, and berries, or whip up something delicious like mini pies, filled rolls and berry muffins. You can keep snacks fresh and flavourful in the On-the-Go Luncher and Sandwich Keepr Square.
- Condiments, cooking oil, and coffee – also known as the 3 Cs. Whether you’re cooking a large meal or preparing a quick snack, you’ll be glad you packed the 3 Cs.
- Kids stuff - must haves to pack for the kids (and adults): games, toys, deck of cards, bat and ball, frisbee, and anything to keep the kids busy in the car and in case the weather is bad!
- Cookware - phone ahead and confirm if the holiday home offers cookware. If they don't, save on packing space by only taking the essentials.
- Knives – bring your own sharp knives for quick and easy vacation meal prep.
- Corkscrew – don’t run dry on your summer holiday!
- Water bottles – our Eco Bottles are perfect for keeping the family hydrated while having some fun in the sun.
- Containers - the Outdoor Dining Bowls can host both small and large quantities of food and are perfect for keeping food fresh while on the move.
- Cleaning towels – say no to paper towel waste and keep your holiday home clean and tidy with highly absorbent Tupperware microfiber towel.
Even if your holiday home provides sheets and towels, packing an extra set for you and the family can save you from spending precious vacation time doing laundry.
Packing Tip: hooded bath towels or cotton wraps make perfect beach towels, picnic blankets, and shawls for when temperatures drop at night. They’re also light and help save on packing space!
Think of packing by outfit rather than individual item. Roll clothes instead of folding them to avoid creasing and to have more packing space!
- Aim for basic neutrals - there's no need to pack your entire wardrobe ;)
- Comfortable shoes like flats, hiking shoes/takkies, and flops for the beach and pool.
- Breathable, light pyjamas.
- Swimsuits and accessories e.g. sun hats, goggles, inflatable armbands, etc.
Hygiene and Personal Care
- Toiletries such as your toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, shampoo and any other items you use as part of your morning/nightly routine. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Toilet paper to keep you covered for the first few days.
- Insect repellent to protect you from mosquitos and other pests.
- A first aid kit.
Packing Tip: Pack a pack of Wet Wipes in the Wipes Dispenser for unplanned spills, dirty bathrooms, and other minor cleaning tasks.
The Big 5 Fundamental Holiday Items
Above all, make sure you have your ID/passport, booking confirmation, insurance, wallet, and camera. And ENJOY!