Shortcrust Cookies and Jam Stars
- 10 Persons
Ingredients to make approx. 30 Cookies
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
Cooking time10 min.
1. Mix together flour, sugar, chunks of butter (very cold) and egg yolk in the Extra Chef. Remove the blades and quickly knead the mixture, forming a ball in your hands.
2. Place dough ball in the That’s a Bowl (3L) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
4. Dust the pastry sheet with a little flour, then roll the dough using the Adjustable Rolling Pin filled with cold water and fitted with the 3 mm Adjusters. If necessary, dust dough with a little additional flour so it doesn’t stick to the pastry sheet.
5. Using the 8-in-1 Cookie Cutters, cut the dough into the shape of your choice and place the cookies on 2 baking trays.
6. Bake for 8-10 min.
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 of the recipe above (just reduce the amount of sugar to 30 g).
2. Cut your pastry into shapes using the 8-in-1 Cookie Cutters large star shape. On half the cookies you shaped out, cut a smaller star shape in the center. Using a spatula, place all the cookies on 2 baking sheets.
3. Bake for 6-9 min in the oven, pre-heated to 200°C / Th 6-7.
4. Blend 100 g fruit jam in the Herb Chopper to make it smoother and more fluid in texture.
5. Using a spatula, spread a little bit of jam onto the biscuits without the star shapes cut out of them.
Sprinkle icing sugar on top side of the biscuits with star cut-outs. Place cut out biscuits onto the jam covered biscuits and lightly press.