CAULIFLOWER AND CARROT ATCHAR
- 6 Persons
1 medium sized cauliflower head, roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled & chopped
1 red onion, cut into quarters
1/2 tsp (2,5ml) turmeric
2 tsp (10ml) chili powder
Salt, to taste
1 green chili (optional)
2 tbsp (30ml) sunflower oil
1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
2 tsp (10ml) mustard seeds
A squeeze of lemon juice
Cooking time2 min.
1. Chop the carrots and onion using the Herb Chopper.
2. Place the chopped cauliflower, carrots and onion into a pot of salted boiling water for 1 minute, drain well and set aside.
3. Pat the veggies dry and add the salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and green chili to the veggies. Mix well.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and fry the cumin and mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
5. Add the spices and oil to the vegetables, along with the lemon juice and mix well.
6. Place into a sealed Tupperware container and allow to pickle for at least 24 hours before serving.